Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently on the looking for a Senior Product Designer with interaction design skills! Design at Shipt looks like walls plastered with flows, ideas, and feedback. The recipe for our secret design sauce is three parts teamwork, two parts high fives, four tablespoons of hard work, and one scoop of brainstorming all cooked up at a company that puts people first. All recipes are 100% ego-free.
What You'll Gain
You’ll join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from design to communications strategy.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle, working closely with Product and Engineering teams.
- Provide thought leadership and develop the right design strategy to come up with elegant solutions that delight our users.
- Rapidly produce concepts and prototypes to communicate interaction and design ideas; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Produce detailed design documentation, including specs, animations + transitions, UX flowcharts, persona refinement, storyboarding, and customer journey visualization.
- Account for interactions on multiple platforms, devices, form factors and screen sizes.
- Assist in directing our quantitative and qualitative user research efforts.
- Regularly present your work to stakeholders for review and feedback.
- Work closely with Engineering and QA to ensure that design specifications are implemented correctly, actively participating in bug tracking, bug fixing, and visual QA.
- Degree in Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience working on consumer products. Self-starter who is results-driven, empathetic, and detail oriented.
- Have an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography, and micro-interactions.
- Have a strong portfolio showcasing your best work. Your work should demonstrate strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Experience implementing design language systems across a range of platforms in an iterative development environment.
- Ability to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly.
- Synthesize user feedback, user research and user data into actionable product decisions.
- Experience with a variety of graphic design and interactive tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Principle, Framer, and After Effects.
- Experience designing for iOS, Android, and web (Responsive) along with a basic working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, and native mobile technologies
- Software engineering experience: commit design-related fixes directly into the codebase!
- Experience in designing a marketplace app or website
Nice To Haves
- Designing and running user testing and other qualitative research methods
- Proficiency with web and mobile accessibility standards
- Experience managing or leading design teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered.