Shipt is looking to hire a Product Analyst, focused on surfacing quantitative insights about our members and shoppers to the product team. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will be involved in shaping the future of our company. We are founded on the mission of simplifying lives, and serving members, shoppers, and communities by offering convenience and freedom.
In this role, you will be the key to measuring how our users are responding to our service; setting up and measuring the impact of A/B tests, sizing opportunities to help prioritize features, and monitoring key performance indicators. You are always asking questions to learn more about the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ of the world. You are a curious learner, a self directed researcher, and someone who takes ownership and pride in the quality of their work.
- Develop a thorough understanding of how our users engage with our product and relate this to retention, profitability, and product direction
- Support A/B testing product features; recommending sample sizes, test timing, target audiences, and interpreting results
- Design dashboards and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Self directed, opportunistic research; seeking areas which are primed for improvement across the product.
- 1-3 years of experience with data analysis and turning data into insights and recommendations
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative fieldsStrong SQL skills (we use Postgres and Redshift)
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool (e.g., Amplitude, Looker, Graphene)
- Solid foundation in Statistics (e.g., hypothesis testing and evaluation)
- Strong interest in understanding users, product management, and design
- Excellent self learner and can pick up new skills in a matter of hours or days
- Excellent project management skills; can manage multiple analyses and projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills which allow you to bridge the gap of a multi-office environment
- Exhibits a positive, can-do attitude and be willing to work in a hyper-growth environment. In other words, roll up your sleeves and thrive in a fast-paced start-up.
- Proficiency with a statistical scripting language is a major plus (e.g., R or Python)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.