Design at Shipt looks like walls plastered with flows, ideas, and feedback. The recipe for our secret design sauce is three parts teamwork, two parts high fives, four tablespoons of hard work and one scoop of brainstorming all cooked up at a company that puts people first. **all recipes are 100% ego-free
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes, and high fidelity mock-ups
- Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases, and user journeys for Shipt's products
- Use data collected from research, user testing, and market analysis to create truly user centered designs
- Collaborate with engineering throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines, and style guides
- Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
- Regularly present your work to stakeholders for review and feedback
- 5+ years experience designing consumer web and mobile experiences. Self-starter who is results-driven, human-centric, accurate, and pays attention to details
- Be creative and have an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography, and micro-interactions
- A portfolio demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive, and beautiful user-centered designs
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively and influence peers and leaders
- An ability to have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a lean, ship fast environment
- Be good at explaining ideas to people with varying levels of technical knowledge
- Fluency in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience designing for iOS, Android and web along with a basic working knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and native mobile technologies
- Experience working within and contributing to design systems
- Software engineering experience: commit design-related fixes directly into the codebase!
- Experience in designing a marketplace app or website.
- Designing and running user testing and other qualitative research methodsProficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Adobe CC, Sketch, Axure, Principle, InVision, and Framer
- Motion design (graphics / animation)
- Strong HTML5/CSS3
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. iPursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.