Shipt is improving lives by giving people back more of their time, the most valuable resource. Be a part of building an amazing grocery delivery experience. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
Shipt, the nation’s fastest-growing online grocery marketplace, simplifies the grocery shopping experience by providing members with unparalleled convenience and exceptional service. Shipt partners with leading retailers and local stores to deliver groceries to members via a community of friendly shoppers.
What We're Looking For:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- You know and use software development best practices like the SOLID principles
- You know SQL and can architect complex schema designs and performant queries
- You understand the principles of good API design including REST
- You have experience with SOA, microservices, and/or distributed architectures
- You know common algorithms and data-structures and understand algorithm complexity
- You understand encryption, hashing and security best practices
- You understand common security flaws like SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities
- You know the correct things to test and emphasize testing in development
- You communicate complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely
- You embrace a challenge and learning new things
- You understand functional and object-oriented paradigms
- You love beautiful code
- You love fast code
- Experience with open source software and dependency management
- Experience with data-stores including Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB, Memcache, MongoDB, and HDFS
- Experience with data pipelines and queuing technologies including SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with threading and asynchronous tasks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloudfront, SQS, Dynamo, IAM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.