At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.
Shipt is growing and we are searching for an experienced communications professional to join us as the Director of Communications focused on leading external and internal communications for Operations and Technology in our Birmingham office.
- Develop and implement strategic, integrated communications plans, including proactive and reactive messaging, to support operations and new shopper/member product and technology features
- Lead strategy for all shopper communications, collaborating with shopper, member, social media, retailer and internal communications teams to develop communications materials for each audience as appropriate
- Develop and execute a proactive media relations strategy that tells the differentiated Shipt story, promotes the brand and protects and enhances the company’s reputation
- Collaborate with social response team on shopper-facing messaging
- Develop and implement executive positioning plan for Shipt’s chief operating officer
- Advise on potential reputational implications stemming from operational changes
- Serve as a media spokesperson for inquiries related to Shipt operations and technology
- Lead crisis/issues communications planning and execution for issues connected to Shipt operations
- Manage agency relationship and budget
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, public relations, media relations, internal communications
- Proven track record building communications programs that achieve results
- Experience managing teams, include remote and virtual employees
- Exceptional writing and/or editing skills
- Agency management experience
- Willingness to relocate to Birmingham, AL
Nice to Haves
- Experience working with a gig company and/or independent contractor base preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.