At Shipt, our priorities are people and making a difference. We’ve built an authentic community that makes it easy for people to save time & get the things they need. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Shipt is seeking a Photographer responsible for concepting, shooting, and editing photo assets. Photography is at the heart of our brand identity – requiring amazing photos of the people, products, and experiences fundamental to Shipt. While the job description may say, photographer, we’re really looking for a storyteller. This position requires someone with very strong aesthetic sense, an eye for design, and the ability to tell stories with visual narratives, along with a broad operating range while acting quickly in day-to-day execution.
What You’ll Do:
- Maintain our visual standards and style guide for photography to ensure consistency of composition and lighting. Experiment with shooting, lighting, and retouching to help us continue to develop and improve our style.
- Execute the highest level of standards by setting up lighting and maintaining correct composition, color accuracy and exposure for each shot.
- Oversee and manage the logistics of day-to-day photography efforts including developing schedules, shot lists, location scouting, casting, and budgets.
- Collaborate with creative team on best practices for using photography in marketing materials such as emails, landing pages, social media campaigns, billboards, direct mail, print advertisements, and within product.
- Ability to maintain, manage, and build our in-house studio – manage equipment and other studio needs.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills – able to self-prioritize projects, workflow and schedule
- Maintain digital naming conventions, file management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take direction, receive feedback, and execute accordingly
- When necessary, procure and style props for shoots.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of photography experience and strong editing experience.
- Please include a link to your digital portfolio or provide a portfolio attachment to your application.
- Demonstrate strong creative eye, sense of design in all applications of the photographic image, especially as it relates to editorial and consumer applications.
- Proficiency with all studio tools, lighting, technical software, and systems. An experienced professional who stays current with photography trends, lighting, technical advances and changing creative tastes. Masters digital camera system and understands its benefits and limits.
- Familiarity with all aspects of digital image quality and output: File size, light and color balancing, Photoshop.
- Superb aesthetic skills and the ability to take any request and find a compelling and attractive way to capture it.
- Great communication skills with the ability to work within cross-functional teams, and able to give and receive feedback well.
- Strong project management and organizational skills that keep project files organized, tagged, and available for other team members.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, start-up environment, with aggressive timelines while still paying attention to details and executing flawlessly.
- Positive attitude, enthusiastic, and a sense of humor.
- Regular travel (up to 30%) between San Francisco, Birmingham, and launch cities is required.
- This position is exempt from overtime for purposes of the federal wage and hour laws.
- Food photography and styling.
- Basic video editing skills (Adobe tools preferred).
- Basic videography skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.