At Shipt, we work at the intersection of a multisided marketplace and we’re looking for help understanding data collected across this complex marketplace, optimizing existing processes, and making predictions to help improve the product and experience.
Our team tackles a wide variety of projects, ranging from developing sophisticated predictive models, conducting ad-hoc research, working with engineers on deployments, and presenting results to functional teams. Our ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements and interpret them as they relate to member and shopper behavior, profitability, and product development
- Build predictive models and optimization routines around a variety of problems, including ones such as modeling supply and demand, delivering product recommendations, and optimizing logistics
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Science and Data Engineering teams on ways to approach problems, audit code, and share new techniques
- Work closely with functional team leaders (in Product, Operations, Marketing, etc.) to explain your analysis, findings, and recommendations
- Find opportunities for improvement across the business and assist in decision-making across teams
- At least 2 years of experience with data analysis and turning data into insights and recommendations
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
- Strong eye for detail
- Proficiency with SQL
- High degree of proficiency with one of R or Python
- Experience in optimization, search and recommendations, and/or machine learning
- Experience deploying predictive models
- Experience with stream and batch processing frameworks
- Familiarity with AWS, version control, and peer code review systems
- Familiarity with on-demand and/or multi-sided marketplaces
- Proficiency in both R and Python
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.