Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you are self directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
Shipt, the nation’s fastest-growing online grocery marketplace, simplifies the grocery shopping experience by providing members with unparalleled convenience and exceptional service. Shipt partners with leading retailers and local stores to deliver groceries to members via a community of friendly shoppers. Launched in 2014, the company currently has offices in Birmingham, AL, and San Francisco, CA.
- Own the Shipt production environment
- Develop, manage and administrate real-time production monitoring, instrumentation and telemetry
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive quality and efficiency
- Fix problems at the root cause
- Pioneer and simplify operational processes
- Work with other software engineers to ensure Shipt systems are meeting reliability and performance standards
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- You have experience supporting highly scalable web services
- You have a deep love of automation and a hatred for mundane tasks
- You have experience with a broad range of technologies - databases, version control, networking and cloud infrastructure
- You have experience with software development and performance and reliability best practices
- You love troubleshooting complicated systems and fixing issues in real-time
- You are able to adapt to new technologies and pick up new skills quickly
- You have a BS in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with distributed, high performance, fault tolerant architecture and deployment processes
- Significant experience with Linux and AWS
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.