Shipt is improving lives by giving people back more of their time, the most valuable resource. Be a part of building an amazing grocery delivery experience. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
Shipt, the nation’s fastest-growing online grocery marketplace, simplifies the grocery shopping experience by providing members with unparalleled convenience and exceptional service. Shipt partners with leading retailers and local stores to deliver groceries to members via a community of friendly shoppers.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain application code
- Write unit/integration tests
- Participate in the design process to build efficient, scalable, maintainable architecture
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive implementation decisions
- Design, improve and document processes
- Review and collaborate with other engineers on their code
- Support your team through encouragement and by example
- Mentor and share knowledge with the team
What We're Looking For:
- You understand functional and object-oriented paradigms
- You understand the SOLID principles
- You can plan/implement complex data models
- You can write complex SQL queries
- You can identify and improve poor performing database queries
- You understand REST principles
- You have experience with SOA, microservices, and/or distributed architectures
- You know the correct things to test and emphasize testing in development
- You are interested in continually learning and mastering new skills
- You love beautiful code
- You communicate complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely
- You are empathic and enjoy learning from and mentoring other engineers
- Python, Go, or Erlang
- Open source software and dependency management
- Angular, React, or another front-end framework
- Object/Document data storage technologies
- Caching and in-memory database technologies
- Asynchronous/Multi-threaded Programming Patterns
- Message queuing technologies/strategies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.