Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you are self directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
Shipt, the nation’s fastest-growing online grocery marketplace, simplifies the grocery shopping experience by providing members with unparalleled convenience and exceptional service. Shipt partners with leading retailers and local stores to deliver groceries to members via a community of friendly shoppers. Launched in 2014, the company currently has offices in Birmingham, AL, and San Francisco, CA.
What You’ll Do
- Provision highly available and scalable hosting solutions in a microservice environment
- Build extendable applications/systems for internal engineering teams
- Design, build, and implement complex multi-region network architectures
- Create deployment processes that make developers smile
- Design continuous integration systems that scale
- Design and build monitoring systems that can handle millions of metrics/day
What We’re Looking For
- Experience building software applications with technologies like Ruby/Rails, Golang, or Python
- Familiarity with OOP and REST principles
- Experience with scalable networking technologies such as: AWS ELB, NGINX, HAProxy, etc.
- Understanding of the OSI model (Layers 4 and 7)
- Experience with Docker and Container Orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, or Swarm)
- Familiarity with common build tools and practices
- An understanding of deployment methodologies like Blue/Green, Canary, etc
- Experience maintaining linux systems
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management
- Fundamental understanding of modern cloud architecture (Virtualization, Databases, message queueing, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.