Shipt is improving lives by giving people back more of their time, the most valuable resource. Be a part of building an amazing grocery delivery experience. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Shipt is looking for a Director of Data Science! The Director of Data Science will lead our current team (8 data scientists and analysts) and look to continue to grow the team in the years to come. Data Science at Shipt enables tactical decisions and strategic growth in connection with our Product, Marketing, Operations, Logistics, Engineering, and Finance teams. The team currently works on tough problems across all business lines, including recommendations, LTV models, pricing, forecasting, logistics, and member churn, with many more projects and models on tap or even yet to be conceived. This position requires strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills.
What You'll Do:
- Idea Creation and Refinement** - come up with ideas independently and along with the leadership team to measure, optimize, and automate various aspects of Shipt’s business
- Project Management - shepherd projects through all phases, from formulation, to analysis and modeling, to evaluation, and to deployment of data science features to production
- Invest in the Team - help improve on existing processes, define best practices, and provide thought leadership around data science initiatives for the Data Science team
- Represent Data Science - work alongside numerous teams within Shipt to bring new tools and models to life and help us continue teaching others about techniques in data science
- Grow the Team - actively recruit, evaluate, hire, and mentor team members
What We're Looking For:
- Experience leading a team and projects
- Proven track record of translating real-world problems into successful data science solutions
- Excellent understanding of statistical analysis, model development, and data science techniques
- Passionate about advancing the whole team
- Comfortable communicating with both developers and executives
- Comfortable with both R and Python (we are ambidextrous)
- Familiarity with data visualizations and and usage of visualizations to articulate findings
- 4+ years experience in roles across Analytics and Data Science
- Experience in the on-demand and/or e-commerce industries are big pluses
- Experience with AWS tech and deployments is a plus (we currently use Jenkins, Docker, AWS Lambda, and AWS Batch)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.