Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
Shipt is currently looking for a Director of Data Science! The Director of Data Science will lead our current team (8 data scientists and analysts) and look to continue to grow the team in the years to come. Data Science at Shipt enables tactical decisions and strategic growth in connection with our Product, Marketing, Operations, Logistics, Engineering, and Finance teams. The team currently works on tough problems across all business lines, including recommendations, LTV models, pricing, forecasting, logistics, and member churn, with many more projects and models on tap or even yet to be conceived. This position requires strong business and technical acumen, as well as great problem solving, communication, and mentoring and management skills.
What You'll Gain
You’ll join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from design to communications strategy.
- Idea Creation and Refinement- come up with ideas independently and along with the leadership team to measure, optimize, and automate various aspects of Shipt’s business
- Project Management - shepherd projects through all phases, from formulation, to analysis and modeling, to evaluation, and to deployment of data science features to production
- Invest in the Team - help improve on existing processes, define best practices, and provide thought leadership around data science initiatives for the Data Science team
- Represent Data Science - work alongside numerous teams within Shipt to bring new tools and models to life and help us continue teaching others about techniques in data science
- Grow the Team - actively recruit, evaluate, hire, and mentor team members
- 4+ years experience in roles across Analytics and Data Science
- Experience leading a team and projects
- Proven track record of translating real-world problems into successful data science solutions
- Excellent understanding of statistical analysis, model development, and data science techniques
- Passionate about advancing the whole team
- Comfortable communicating with both developers and executives
- Comfortable with both R and Python (we are ambidextrous)
- Familiarity with data visualizations and and usage of visualizations to articulate findings
Nice To Haves
- Experience in the on-demand and/or e-commerce industries are big pluses
- Experience with AWS tech and deployments is a plus (we currently use Jenkins, Docker, AWS Lambda, and AWS Batch)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.