Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are currently on the lookout for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you are self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt!
- Design, build, and implement complex multi-region network architectures
- Operate and support highly available and scalable infrastructure in a microservice environment
- Build tools and systems for internal engineering teams
- Create build and deployment processes that scale
- Design and build monitoring systems that can handle millions of metrics/day
- Collaborate with engineers across the company to ensure systems are observable, fault tolerant, and performant
- Working experience in modern cloud architecture (virtualization, networking, databases, message queueing, etc.)
- 5+ years experience building highly available, scalable, fault tolerant infrastructure
- 2+ years experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- 2+ years experience with common build and deployment (CI/CD) tools and practices
- Experience maintaining linux systems
- Experience with supporting database infrastructure and message queuing technologies
- Familiarity building software applications in Golang
- Familiarity deploying and maintaining infrastructure for services written in Golang, Python, Ruby/Rails, and R
Nice to Haves
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates, and key management
- Exposure to operating Postgres, Redis, and Kafka
- Experience leading teams to research, adopt and integration new technologies
- Comfortable with defining, documenting, and encouraging best practices
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.