Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently on the lookout for a Product Designer to join our team! The design team at Shipt imagines the best experiences for our users, and inspires the company to build them. Everyday we advocate for, understand, and empathize with our users, and help the rest of the company embrace them. We value collaboration, and work with our engineering, PM, and marketing partners to ensure we make a difference in our users’ lives.
We’re looking for designers to join us at multiple levels and are dedicated to a transparent interview process. If selected for an interview, we will have a candid discussion to assess which level you would thrive in most at Shipt.
What You'll Gain
Shipt is a growing company, and you’d be coming in early! That means your work will have immediate, highly visible impact on our products, our users, and our team. You will have the chance to contribute to the evolution of a world class design team, both giving and receiving mentorship. You will own the end to end design of your product area, meaning you have the chance to positively change the lives of 125 million+ households in America.
- Partner with product and engineering to identify requirements, use cases and user journeys for Shipt's products. Together you will own the success of your product.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mock-ups
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create truly user-centered designs
- Collaborate throughout the product development life-cycle to iterate on and deliver a user experience that meets the highest quality bar
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines and style guides
- Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
- Regularly present your work to stakeholders for review and feedback
- 5+ years experience designing consumer web and mobile experiences.
- Self-starter who is creative, results-driven, human-centric, accurate and pays attention to details
- Have an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography and micro-interactions
- A portfolio or prior work demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively and influence peers and leaders
- An ability to have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a lean, ship fast environment
- Fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience designing for consumers on iOS, Android and web is a plus.
Nice To Haves
- Designing and running user testing and other qualitative research methods
- Experience with motion design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Principle, InVision, and Framer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.