Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We’re hiring a Director of Market Operations to join the Shipt team! Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be responsible for managing our Market Operations team and will have the opportunity to build and manage Shipt’s business nationally. In this role, you’ll engage with our shoppers, retailers, and other Shipt teams to drive process improvements and operational excellence.
- Lead cross-market strategic planning & execute key initiatives to improve market
- Manage and develop a group of 15 high achieving individuals on the market operations team
- Oversee execution of launch efforts for additional Shipt markets and retailers
- Synthesize feedback from markets and share with product, marketing, operations, and other functions
- Participate in meetings involving quarterly business reviews and retailer and partner pitch meetings with senior executives
- Serve as operational liaison to external partners and internal departments
- Analyze operational performance metrics, shopper behavior, and member experience feedback to identify new opportunities for process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of senior operational management experience
- Experience managing teams of 10 or greater
- Positive, collaborative, team-player attitude
- High-energy communicator comfortable in front of large groups
- Data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced startup environment
- Willingness to travel 50%+
Nice To Haves
- MBA preferred
- Experience within a high-paced startup environment
- SQL experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.