At Shipt, our priorities are people and making a difference. We’ve built an authentic community that makes it easy for people to save time & get the things they need. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Would you describe yourself as a team player? Diligent? A bit of an energizer bunny? If so, we want to chat with you! The role of Office Assistant at Shipt requires someone who is hard-working, can liaise with multiple personalities to get the job done, and maintain a positive attitude.
What You'll Do:
- Keep fridges, kitchen, and pantry stocked with a wide assortment of drinks and snacks. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Receive and disperse packages and mail daily.
- Ensure cleanliness of lounges, restrooms, and other work areas by tidying up throughout the day.
- Run errands to pick up supplies, drop items off or pick up catering orders.
- Take a regular inventory of office supplies, food/beverage items, and technology assets and manage ordering and organizing of these items.
- Set up and remove any decorations, tables and chairs to prepare facilities for events.
- Act as first line of IT defense by tenaciously researching tech issues relating to printers, video conferencing systems (Zoom, Google Hangouts), and audio systems (Sonos).
- Assist in filing the Office Manager’s expense reports as well as assisting with the expense reports of other executive employees.
- Assist the Office Manager with additional duties as needed, which may require juggling flaming sharks. (Who doesn’t want to see that?)
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience is a bonus.
- Ability to adhere to a strict 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM M - F schedule. Must have ability to work full-time.
- Strong communication skills and a self-starter comfortable working with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Tech savvy - Familiarity with Mac, Google Drive, Excel. Experience with Zoom, Concur, and Sonos are a plus.
- You possess professionalism, discernment, and grace when under pressure.
- Strength and stamina: You will need to lift heavy objects and spend most of your time on your feet.
- Most importantly, you can keep a positive and enthusiastic attitude when faced with a challenge.
- This position is non-exempt from overtime for purposes of federal wage and hour laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.