Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently looking for Software Engineers! Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
What You'll Gain
You’ll join a team of talented individuals who will provide you with hands-on mentorship on topics ranging from design to communications strategy.
Nice To Haves
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
- You know and use software development best practices like the SOLID principles
- You know SQL and can architect complex schema designs and performant queries
- You understand the principles of good API design including REST
- Experience with SOA, micro-services, and/or distributed architectures
- You know common algorithms and data-structures and understand algorithm complexity
- You understand encryption, hashing and security best practices
- You understand common security flaws like SQL injection and XSS vulnerabilities
- You know the correct things to test and emphasize testing in development
- Have the ability to communicate complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely
- Embrace challenges and love learning new things
- Have an understanding of functional and object-oriented paradigms
- You love beautiful and fast code
- Experience with open source software and dependency management
- Experience with data-stores including Postgres, Redis, DynamoDB, Memcache, MongoDB, and HDFS
- Experience with data pipelines and queuing technologies including SQS, RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Experience with threading and asynchronous tasks
- Experience with Amazon Web Services including EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53, Cloudfront, SQS, Dynamo, IAM
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.