Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently on the lookout for a Software Engineering Manager! Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
- Lead a team of software engineers
- Plan/Host Effective Meetings
- Plan/prioritize work
- Communicate progress/blocks to peers/managers
- Promote collaboration on/across teams
- Participate in the design process to build efficient, scalable, maintainable architecture
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive implementation decisions
- Design, improve and document processes
- Review and collaborate with other engineers on their code
- Support your team through encouragement and by example
- Mentor and share knowledge with the team
- Great attention to detail
- You have a knack for identifying risks/dependencies
- Good at promoting discussion between team members
- Comfortable making decisions even with ambiguities
- Have an understanding of functional and object-oriented paradigms
- Experience with SOA, micro-services, and/or distributed architectures
- You have developed and supported enterprise software
- Emphasize and promote testing in development
- Love collaboratively coming up with solutions to challenging problems
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts simply and concisely
- You are empathic and enjoy learning from and mentoring other engineers
Nice To Haves
- Leading teams
- Agile/Scrum/Kanban Style Processes
- Product/UI/UX Design
- Managing engineers
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.