Shipt has a wide variety of data partners and as our data volumes increase dramatically, we’re looking to grow the Data Engineering team to help expand and develop our large-scale data processing platform, pipelines, and tools.
Data Engineering at Shipt primarily focuses on retailer catalog and general product data for e-commerce purposes. The team focuses on developing pipeline frameworks; specific processes to ingest, clean, and normalize a variety of data sources; and tools to improve data quality and fidelity.
As catalog data is fundamental to the grocery delivery experience, our team plays a large part in the Shipt marketplace on a daily basis and helps facilitate the company’s growth plans.
- Work closely with external partners to develop & maintain pipelines responsible for ingesting large amounts of data from various sources
- Break down complex data issues and resolve them
- Help evolve our data model for new retailers and new retail verticals
- Work with other teams in the organization (e.g., Engineering, Catalog) to build tools and solutions that support and help manage data within the Shipt ecosystem
- Collaborate with other teams across the organization (e.g., Partner Success, Data Science) to enable the better use and understanding of data
- Keep the big picture in mind so that our architectural patterns can better consume and validate source data
- 1+ years of data engineering or coding experience
- Proficiency in Python (this is our primary language)
- Proficiency in SQL (we use PostgreSQL and Redshift)
- Knowledge of relational databases and architecture
- A keen attention to detail with strong problem solving skills
- Good communication, organization, and reasoning skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.