Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We’re looking to add a Sr. Product Analyst to the Data Science team to help turn in-app member and shopper behavior into valuable insights and influence our product development and strategy. We have rich, complex datasets collected in a multi-sided marketplace and our team performs a wide variety of analytical tasks of those datasets, ranging from designing and evaluating A/B tests, conducting ad-hoc research, creating dashboards, crafting complex database queries and ETL pipelines, and developing sophisticated predictive models. The ideal candidate will be data-driven, intellectually curious, and a clear communicator.
- Develop a thorough understanding of all data elements and interpret them as they relate to member and shopper behavior, profitability, and product development
- Work closely with the Product and Engineering organizations during all points of a feature's life cycle: event instrumentation, performance analysis, and A/B testing
- Explore data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnel analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and related techniques
- Design dashboards and data visualizations to communicate meaningful metrics to different audiences within the business
- Find opportunities for improvement across the business and assist in decision-making across teams
- 5+ years of experience with data analysis and turning data into insights and recommendations
- Strong SQL skills are required (we use Postgres and Redshift)
- Experience with a Business Intelligence tool is required (e.g., Chartio, Tableau)
- Experience with a statistical scripting language is required (e.g., R or Python)
- Experience with hypothesis testing in a business setting is a plus
- Experience with event instrumentation is a plus
- Experience with mobile app metrics (user acquisition, sessions, re-engagement) is a plus
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.