Shipt is improving lives by giving people back more of their time, the most valuable resource. Be a part of building an amazing grocery delivery experience. Our culture is high energy, entrepreneurial, and autonomous.
Are you passionate about software development, sharing knowledge, growing your skills, and working with great people? The Shipt engineering team is growing, and we are looking for extraordinary engineers who enjoy building as much as we do. So if you are self-directed, enjoy autonomy in your work, and you are an excellent participant in a team, come join Shipt.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, and maintain Search at Shipt
- Create performant, efficient and accurate services to help Shipt customers discover what they are looking for faster with less effort
- Create, implement and continually refine indexing and ranking methodologies
- Participate in the design process to build beautiful and elegant search experiences
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical and product needs
- Write comprehensive tests
- Collect and analyze metrics to drive design and implementation decisions
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Design, improve and document processes
- Support your team through encouragement and by example
What We're Looking For:
- You are an expert with search and search technologies
- You are supremely knowledgeable of information retrieval techniques
- You are comfortable owning the entirety of the search service and determining product vision
- You have experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, Lucene or other search frameworks
- You understand REST principles
- You can model data in JSON
- You love to test and validate your code
- You are able to adapt to new technologies and pick up new skills quickly
- You are excited to learn and master new skills
- You have a MS or Ph.D in computer science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Java, Go, Erlang, Ruby or Python
- SQL experience
- Familiarity with Linux and AWS
- Distributed, high performance, fault tolerant architecture and deployment processes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.