Shipt is a membership-based marketplace that helps people get the things they need. Our friendly shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials and deliver them to members in as soon as one hour.
We are currently on the lookout for a Director of Product Design to join our team! The design team at Shipt imagines the best experiences for our users, and inspires the company to build them. Everyday we advocate for, understand, and empathize with our users, and help the rest of the company embrace them. We value collaboration, and work with our engineering, PM, and marketing partners to ensure we make a difference in our users’ lives.
We’re looking for a Director of Product Design to take our Member Experience to the next level. You and your team of designers will craft the next generation of our consumer app and website, working with Product and Engineering, Research, and cross-functional leaders across the company to bring a game-changing shopping experience to life. This role mixes empathy, creativity, strategy, and people management, and will undoubtedly help shape the future of this company.
What You'll Gain
Shipt is a growing company, and you’d be coming in early! That means your work will have immediate, highly visible impact on our products, our users, and our team. You will have the chance to contribute to the evolution of a world class design team, both giving and receiving mentorship. You will own the end to end design of your product area with your team, meaning you have the chance to positively change the lives of 125 million+ households in America.
- Create and execute on a vision for the next generation of our Member Experience, along with the a small team of designers that you will manage and collaborate closely with.
- Partner with product and engineering to deliver that experience - identify requirements, use cases and user journeys, set the strategy for success, and collaborate throughout the product development lifecycle. Together you will own the success of your product.
- Illustrate and communicate complex design solutions across uses cases by creating process flows, wireframes, prototypes and high fidelity mock-ups
- Use data collected from research, user testing and market analysis to create user-centered designs. Use a variety of metrics to analyze and continuously improve the user experience
- Develop and maintain detailed design documentation including specifications, redlines and style guides.
- Regularly present your work to stakeholders for review and feedback, influencing related work across the company.
- Provide mentorship and feedback to the entire design team as one of the senior leaders on the team. In particular, mentor your team of designers to create work you are all proud of.
- Shape, with the SVP of Design & Research and other design leaders, the culture, processes, and work quality of the Design & Research team.
- 8+ years experience designing consumer web and mobile experiences, including 3+ years in leading and/or managing other designers.
- Self-starter who is creative, results-driven, human-centric, accurate and pays attention to details
- Have an eye for shape, color, layout, hierarchy, typography and micro-interactions
- A portfolio or prior work demonstrating your passion for simple, intuitive and beautiful user-centered designs
- Strong communication and presentation skills that allow you to communicate and defend complex design ideas clearly and persuasively and influence peers and leaders
- An ability to have relentlessly high standards for design excellence within a lean, ship fast environment
- Fluent in UX, visual and interactive design best practices along with a strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Experience designing for consumers on iOS, Android and web is a plus.
Nice To Haves
- Designing and running user testing and other qualitative research methods
- Experience with motion design and prototyping tools such as Axure, Principle, InVision, and Framer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.